Paramount Plus is available on almost any modern Roku device. After you’ve installed the Paramount Plus on Roku app and subscribed to it, you can activate the streaming service on a web browser on a computer or mobile device.
After you’ve activated the app, you can stream shows from CBS, Comedy Central, MTV and other Paramount properties. You can also use the app to manage your subscription and account settings.
So if you’re looking for a way to watch your favorite Paramount shows, installing the app on your Roku is the way to go.
With all the top channels ranging from CBS, CBS News, CBS Sports, Comedy Central, MTV, BET, Nickelodeon, Showtime, the Smithsonian Channel, and Paramount network Pictures, users can enjoy their favorite shows.
You can watch over 30,000 TV shows in its vast on-demand library, including all the classics like Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants, MTV’s Laguna Beach, and Star Trek: Discovery.
Stay with us till the end of the article, and you will know How to Activate and Stream Paramount Plus on Roku.
Don't forget to Subscribe to 7 Days Paramount Plus Free Trial
Contents on this page
- How to Add Paramount Plus on Roku
- How to Activate Paramount Plus on Roku – paramountplus.com/activate/roku/
- Which Roku devices work with Paramount Plus?
- How much is Paramount Plus on Roku?
- Is Paramount+ on Roku free?
- How to Cancel Paramount Plus on Roku?
- Issues with Paramount Plus on Roku? How to Fix them?
How to Add Paramount Plus on Roku
Step 1: Turn on your Roku device and launch the home screen by pressing the remote’s home button.
Step 2: Head over to the “Streaming Channels” option on the menu on the left sidebar. This would initialize the Roku Channel Store.
Step 3: Navigate to “Search Channels” by scrolling down a bit and use the on-screen keyboard to enter “Paramount+” in the search box.
Step 4: Choose the app you are looking for from the search results list. Click on the “Add Channel” button on the next channel description page. This would begin the app’s installation procedure.
Step 5: When the process is done, tap on “OK” on the confirmation prompt that pops up on the screen.
Step 6: Select the “Go to Channel” option after completing the installation to launch the channel.
Step 7: On the next welcome page, click on “Sign in” and log in using your Paramount+ account credentials. If you are a new user, choose Sign Up For Paramount+ to create a new account.
Step 8: Subscribe to whichever subscription plan [Essential/Premium] you want to use.
How to Activate Paramount Plus on Roku – paramountplus.com/activate/roku/
Step 1: Once you have successfully logged in then, you will be given two options. Choose On the Web, and you will see a 5 digit activation code appearing on the screen. Note it down.
Step 2: Now, visit paramountnetwork.com/activate on any web browser on a smartphone or PC.
Step 3: Enter the code you noted down in Step 1 and click on Continue.
Step 4: Finally, all the content will be loaded onto your Roku TV for you to enjoy.
Which Roku devices work with Paramount Plus?
Roku is supported on the versions and models shown below. For clarity, we’ve also listed the unsupported versions in the No Longer Supported section.
These Roku models are Currently Supported:
- Roku 2,* 3 and 4
- Roku Ultra and Ultra LT
- Roku LT*
- Roku Streaming Stick (3500x, 3600X or later)
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Premiere and Premiere+
- Roku Express and Express+
- Roku TV
- 4k Roku TV
These Roku models No Longer work with Paramount+:
- Roku LT (2400X, 2450X)
- Roku HD (2500X)
- Roku 2 HD (3000X)
- Roku 2 XD (3050X)
- Roku 2 XS (3100X)
- Roku Streaming Stick (3400X and 3420X)
How much is Paramount Plus on Roku?
Paramount Plus has two subscription plan options available currently. With its “Essential” package, you can stream all of the content offered by the platform with limited commercial breaks for $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year.
You can also get the “Premium” subscription for $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year, which lets you stream commercial-free.
Is Paramount+ on Roku free?
No, you need to buy one of the Paramount+ subscriptions to access its content. But you can download the Paramount+ app on Roku for free of cost.
Don't forget to Subscribe to 7 Days Paramount Plus Free Trial
How to Cancel Paramount Plus on Roku?
You can cancel your Paramount Plus subscription from your Roku device and the Roku website. It depends on where you actually subscribed. For details, see how to cancel Paramount Plus on your Roku.
Issues with Paramount Plus on Roku? How to Fix them?
Users have reported that the Paramount Plus app on Roku crashes at times. This can be solved in the following ways:
- Roku Player: Go to Settings -> System -> System Restart.
- Roku TV: Go to Settings -> System -> Power -> System Restart, or you can simply remove the device’s plug from the power socket and wait a while before replugging it.
Ensure your app is updated with the latest version available in the Channel Store. To do this, go to Roku’s home screen -> Settings -> System -> System Update -> Check Now.
Sometimes, you may face streaming issues and see a purple and black screen with audio. This issue is usually because of the device and can be solved in these ways:
- Roku Stick: Go to Settings -> System -> System Restart to restart your device. You can also do this by disconnecting the plug from the power for a minute -> reconnecting it into the power socket -> Turning on the device using the remote -> Relaunching the app.
- Roku Player: You have to carry out a power cycle by Unplugging the device -> Plugging it back in -> Switching on your Roku -> Waiting for a minute, and then relaunching the app.
If you still face issues after doing these tricks, then check the following things:
- Your Roku device is connected properly to the TV.
- You are using an HDMI cable.
- Reverse the ends of the cable.
- Use a brand new cord.
- Connect to a different HDMI port.
- Connect to the HDMI port of a different TV. If it works fine, then something must be wrong with the HDMI port of your original TV.
- Contact customer support at (816) 272-8106 or at https://support.roku.com/. They would ask for your IP address or device ID, which you can get by opening the Paramount+ network app -> Settings -> Support. The IP address, device ID, and app version would be displayed on the screen.
Related: Stream youtube kids for roku