Last Updated on May 25, 2021 by Mark Roberts
If you have landed on this article, you must have been looking for ways to get Discovery Plus on Roku, right?
Discovery plus (popular as Discovery+) is a streaming service where you can watch shows from various channels like Food Network, HGTV, Discovery Channel, Science Channel, DIY Network, and many more.
Since January 2021, the minds behind Discovery+ have made this channel available on several streaming devices such as Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Firestick, etc. That means, if you are a Roku user, you can now watch Discovery+ on Roku TV.
But how to do that?
This article covers the exact steps to follow for using Discovery Plus on your Roku device. So, keep scrolling to find your answer!
Contents on this page
- Is Discovery Plus Available on Roku in UK and other countries?
- How to Get Discovery Plus on Roku?
- How to Start Watching Discovery Plus on Roku?
- On What Other Platforms Can You Stream Discovery Plus?
- How to cancel Discovery plus subscription on Roku?
- To Conclude
Is Discovery Plus Available on Roku in UK and other countries?
Unfortunately, discovery plus is not available in the UK at this time with Roku receivers. As of now, this is the only one way to use it on TV in UK via Google Chromecast 2 or above [See here the full list of devices discovery+ is in UK]. Even though Roku app is available on smartphones, tablets and laptop. If you have windows 10 on your PC, you can read our guide to install roku for windows 10.
But you can now view Discovery+ on your Roku streaming device in the USA. The Roku channel store has the official Discovery Plus channel, so all you need to do is simply download and install Discovery Plus and watch whatever you want!
However, do note that Discovery Plus is a subscription-based service. Check out what discovery plus price on Roku. It offers two plans, One is ad-supported, and it costs $4.99 per month. And the other one is entirely ad-free, which will cost you $6.99 per month. You can choose whichever plan suits you best and enjoy a free seven days trial as well.
How to Get Discovery Plus on Roku?
Using Discovery Plus is just a no-brainer! The process to install and launch Discovery plus is the same as you would do for other channels on the Roku store.
However, do note that not all Roku devices are compatible with streaming the Discovery Plus channel. Hence, before beginning with the installation process, do check the device compatibility.
In this section, we’ll share two methods through which you can use the Discovery+ channel on your Roku streaming device.
Excited? So, let’s begin!
Method 1: Download the Discovery Plus Channel on Your Roku
The simplest way to activate the discovery plus channel on your Roku is by downloading it from the Roku channel store on the device. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Navigate to the Streaming Channels option on the Roku Home Screen.
2. Tap on the Channel Store option to access the Roku Channel Store.
3. Use the virtual keyboard and type “Discovery Plus” in the search bar.
4. Choose the Discovery Plus channel once the search results appear on the screen.
5. Click on the Add channel option and then click on OK.
6. Now select the plan you want to purchase or click on the Start 7-day Free Trial option.
7. Create your account if you haven’t already created it. Otherwise, log into your account using the login credentials.
8. Then enter your Roku PIN (if you have created it), and the channel will be installed on the Roku device.
9. You can now launch the Discovery+ channel on Roku and watch anything you want on it.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Discovery+ on your Roku streaming device. However, if these steps didn’t work for you, you can go for the other method mentioned below.
Method 2: Install Discovery Plus Remote via the Web
The previous method to install Discovery+ is pretty straightforward, but if you failed at it or just want to learn another way to get this done, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
Using this method, you will be able to install the channel on your Roku device remotely through the Roku Channel Store on the website.
1. Visit the Roku channel store on the Roku website.
2. In the search bar, type Discovery Plus and hit enter.
3. Select the Discovery Plus channels from the list of the search results.
4. Click on Add channel, and the channel will directly be added to your Roku device. Remember, if you have not logged into your account, you will have to log in to complete the process automatically.
5. Now turn on your Roku device, and you will be able to use Discovery Plus on it.
6. Launch the channel and binge-watch your favorite shows anytime!
How to Start Watching Discovery Plus on Roku?
Even though you have installed the Discovery Plus channel on your Roku device, you won’t be able to watch its content directly. That’s because Discovery Plus is a paid channel.
Therefore, you will first have to purchase either one of its two subscription plans and then watch the channel.
For that, you will have to visit the Discovery Plus channel and create an account by entering the necessary information. You can then subscribe to any one plan or choose the 7-day free trial option.
Once you are done creating the account, you can then head on to your Roku device. And log in to your Discovery Plus account. Then select the video you want to stream and watch it on your Roku TV.
It’s as simple as that!
On What Other Platforms Can You Stream Discovery Plus?
If you are not a Roku user but still want to enjoy Discovery Plus shows, you can do it through other streaming platforms or devices. That’s because Discovery Plus is available on most platforms. You can just subscribe to its plan and access it on any of the devices listed below:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Web browsers on Windows and Mac laptops/ PCs
- Xbox Gaming Consoles
- Samsung Smart TV
How to cancel Discovery plus subscription on Roku?
Cancelling your Discovery Plus membership is very easy using your roku remote. It will take just 60 seconds. Just follow the steps below.
Step 1: Press Home button on Roku remote
Step 2: Now find the discovery+ channel using navigation button remote.
Step 3: Once you find the channel and when it is highlighted, click on the star or asterisk button on the Roku remote.
Step 4: Now a box will pop up with a number of options, go to Manage subscription and click on Cancel subscription.
Step 55: In next step, again click on cancel subscription and then done.
We’ve covered a lot of information, but if you have questions about how to get Discovery Plus on Roku, now is the time to ask them. If we don’t answer your question in this guide and it isn’t answered in our FAQ section either feel free to contact us. With these few steps, anyone should be able to install Discovery Plus on their roku device!