Last Updated on October 12, 2021 by Mark Roberts
How can I reset my Roku pin? This is a question that many people ask themselves when they want to reset their accounts. They may have forgotten it, or someone else may have changed the PIN for them without telling them.
Many people don’t know how to do this and are unsure about what steps they need to take in order to get back into their account with their new PIN. There are several ways you can go about doing this, so let’s talk about them!
Contents on this page
- What is Roku Pin?
- Why is it useful to have a Roku Pin?
- How do I find my Roku Pin code?
- What is the default pin for Roku?
- How to add, update, or reset your Roku pin?
- How to disable the Roku pin?
- Tips and Tricks for managing your Roku pin
- Using Roku’s Parental controls
- Frequently answered questions about Roku Pin
What is Roku Pin?
A Roku pin is a four-digit code that you can set on your Roku account. Roku player allows you to purchase content like movies or subscribed channels or TV shows, and much more. So, you have to save your card details for the same. Now, to protect access to your account from any unauthorized users, you can set a pin that you will have to enter every time while making a payment on your Roku account.
Why is it useful to have a Roku Pin?
As mentioned above in the article, it is helpful to have a Roku pin to protect your account details. You can set up a code if you don’t want anybody at your house to make unwanted purchases using the details. A pin protects your account from any fraud or maluses.
How do I find my Roku Pin code?
If you want to find out your Roku pin, kindly follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Visit Roku’s official website, i.e., go.roku.com/pin reset
2. You will now have to sign in to your Roku account. Enter your id and password in the space allowed for the same.
3. Go to my accounts page, which will be under the heading of the main menu.
4. Choose the option of updating your pin when the dialog box is popped up. You will be given three choices to update your code, which includes:
- Always require a pin to purchase any items, including the free ones.
- Always require a pin to purchase the paid items.
- No pin is ever required to make any purchase.
5. If you choose any of the first two options, you will be given a chance to either create the pin if you haven’t already or verify your existing pin.
What is the default pin for Roku?
There is no default pin for the Roku account. You have to set your pin individually when you set up your account. You can select the code whenever you want to, but it does not come with any existing pin.
How to add, update, or reset your Roku pin?
You can add or update your Roku pin by visiting the official website of Roku. You will get an option there for the same.
For resetting your Roku pin, you will have to perform a factory reset on your player. The procedure to achieve the same is:
1. Press the home button on your controller and go to the settings option.
2. You will see an advanced system setting choice. Click on that and choose the factory reset alternative.
3. Tap on the factory reset everything alternative, and there will be a code generated, which will be visible on your screen. Enter the code, and your player will start performing to factory reset.
How to disable the Roku pin?
To disable your Roku pin, you will have to:
1. Login to your Roku account using your computer or tablet.
2. Go to ‘My Account,’ and out of the three options mentioned above, choose the last one, i.e., a pin is not required to purchase any subscribed content on your Roku account.
3. Save changes after selecting that option, and subsequently, you will never be asked for a pin while making any purchase.
Tips and Tricks for managing your Roku pin
- While setting a pin, make sure to update your payment method to either PayPal or a debit/credit card as your default method. Or else, the pin will not help purchase new subscriptions.
- Your Roku pin just won’t help make payments, but you can also use it to upgrade your device or purchase any available Roku accessories online.
- Roku generally doesn’t refund the purchases you make online so enter your pin carefully.
- You will not be able to purchase all the available content on the Roku streaming player using the pin. Some channels would be required to buy it from the trader directly.
- When you set a pin, it will not affect your existing channels on Roku. It will just be required to buy the new ones.
Using Roku’s Parental controls
Since we all know, all the available content on the web is not suitable for children. So, Roku parental controls allow parents to limit access to various content from their children, which is not child-friendly. It also blocks their access to purchase the paid content from their account.
You will have to set a pin on your account to activate the parental control feature on your player.
While selecting the code, you will see an option of parental control for the Roku channel under which there would be four options, i.e., no pin required to play any content, little kids, young kids, and teens.
So, choose the option which is suitable for you, and the content will be bifurcated accordingly.
Related: Why is my roku remote blinking green
Frequently answered questions about Roku Pin
Is there a default Roku pin?
No, there is no default Roku pin. You will have to set up a pin yourself when you start your account. You can set it using Roku’s official website.
How do I reset a used Roku?
To reset a used Roku, There will be a reset button on the back of your TV. Press it for around 20 seconds using a paperclip or something similar until you see the pop-up of the ‘Welcome’ screen.
How do I manually reset my Roku?
To manually reset your Roku TV, Firstly, by using your remote, go to the home screen of your player, click on settings, select the factory reset option, and then you will see a few instructions on your screen which you have to follow to reset your device.
How do I bypass the Roku Pin?
If you want to bypass your pin, you will just have to go to Roku’s website my.roku.com. They will ask you to sign in to your account. Enter your existing user id and password. Then go to my account option and click on the update bar. Go to the pin preference section and verify your pin. Save changes the results, and that’s all you need to do to bypass your Roku pin.
Why is my Roku Pin not working?
There can be several reasons for your Roku pin not to be working. You either might be entering the wrong pin or may have entered an invalid pin multiple times. To correct it, you can just update your pin using Roku’s official website.
The reset button is generally located on the back of your Roku stick. It depends on the version of your Roku stick. Some versions have a button for resetting your stick, while others come with a pinhole instead of a button which can be accessed using a paperclip or a toothpick.
What to do if I forgot my Roku pin?
If you have forgotten your Roku pin, You can easily change it. For that, you will have to reset your whole player. Go to Roku’s website, sign in to your account, go to settings, and tap on the factory reset option. It will reset your whole player so all your saved settings and changes will not be there anymore. You will have to set up your entire account again and can enter a new pin.
Another way of resetting your account is by clicking the reset button located on the back of your TV.
How do I add channels to my Roku without a pin?
To add channels to your Roku account without a pin, choose the third option while setting a code, i.e., no pin is required to purchase media. If you save changes with that option, you will not be asked to enter your pin while adding channels or making any new purchases.
Your Roku pin is a very sensitive code and should be kept carefully. Someone can easily misuse it by purchasing various subscriptions from your account without your knowledge. This will lead to the loss of your money. So, be very cautious regarding it and change your pin if someone unreliable has learned about it. Resetting it is pretty easy. We hope that this article has helped you gain a little knowledge about your Roku Pin.