Last Updated on February 2, 2022 by Mark Roberts
Netflix is one of the most renowned and highly used streaming platforms in over 190 countries. It has more than 50 million subscribers and is increasing every day. The platform offers a wide range of HD content, including top-rated shows blockbuster movies, and is especially famous for its Netflix Originals series.
And people are desperately looking for Netflix’s free trial and if it’s still offering one. This way, they get to stream for free and experience the platform. And in this article, I am going to tell you how you can get a Netflix free trial in 2022 and if it’s currently offering any.
Contents on this page
- Does Netflix provide Free Trial?
- How to Get Netflix Free Trial Without Credit Card
- How to Get Netflix 30-Day Free Trial
- How to Get a Second Free Trial of Netflix?
- Does the Netflix Free Trial Auto-Renew Into a Paid Subscription?
- How Much Does Netflix Cost After a Free Trial?
Does Netflix provide Free Trial?
Yes, currently, Netflix is offering a 30-day free trial to all of its new users to experience the platform before they start paying for its monthly subscriptions, which means you can get Netflix for free.
The platform offers thousands of movies, shows, Netflix Originals, cartoons, Korean dramas, and much more. It has all the famous TV shows like Friends, Brooklyn 99, and Breaking Bad.
You will get to stream their whole library of exclusive shows/movies for 30 days at no cost. You will be able to stream on multiple devices such as Laptops, TV, iPad/tablet, etc.
How to Get Netflix Free Trial Without Credit Card
A lot of people prefer not to use their credit card details for getting a free trial, and therefore, here I am going to tell you how you can get Netflix free trial without a credit card:
Using Virtual Cards
You can use a virtual credit card to sign up for Netflix free trial, and it’s a quite suitable option if you don’t want to be charged with the monthly subscription. You can also link this virtual card to your bank account in case you want to continue with your subscription; however, most people don’t prefer to connect their bank account.
It is nothing similar to generating credit card numbers as a Virtual card can be used to make real money transactions. Here’s how you can create a virtual credit card to get Netflix free trial:
I will recommend you to use the Neteller’s website for Virtual credit cards for its trustworthy.
- Click here to reach its website.
- You will have to make an account, so enter all the details asked for signing in.
- You will have to verify your active email address then sign in to your Neteller’s account.
- You have to go to the Net+ Card menu that is located on the left side of the webpage.
- Then, click on the ‘Net+ Virtual Card’ section. And then, tap on the ‘Add a Card‘ option.
You will be asked to enter some further information, including card name, currency, and credit limit. That’s it; you can use your Virtual credit card to sign up for Netflix.
Utilizing Credit Card Number Generator
Another way to get Netflix free trial without a credit card is by generating a credit card number through an online credit card generator. According to the Luhn algorithm, these websites will provide you with a credit card number that will pass the validity check as they are generated.
These online generated credit card numbers are not linked to any bank account, and therefore, you will never be billed for a Netflix subscription. Here’s how you can use an online credit card number generator to get Netflix free trial without a credit card:
- Head to the credit card generator website by clicking here.
- You have to look for the ‘Generate Credit Card Numbers’ section on the webpage.
- Then, you will have to choose which payment network you want from the available option. Just remember that Netflix accepts payment via Visa, MasterCard, and American Express only.
- That’s it, the website will generate a unique credit card number for you including its expiry date, security code, name, and address. You can use it to get a Netflix free trial.
Using Debit Card with Zero Balance
If you don’t want to use your credit card or don’t have one then, there’s no need to worry as you can also make use of your old debit cards. We all have debit cards that are no longer in use and thus, have a zero balance. You can make use of these debit cards to get a Netflix free trial without having to worry about getting billed.
Netflix doesn’t check the debit card balance; it only ensures its validity. However, the debit card must have a Visa or MasterCard emblem. Simply head to the Netflix website or the app.
And sign up for an account, and then, while entering payment information, enter your debit card details. That’s it, and you are all set for Netflix free trial.
Using Gift Card from Netflix
If you don’t want to use your credit card or PayPal account, you can always redeem Netflix gift cards to get a Netflix subscription. Commonly known brands like Amazon, Tesco, and many more provide Netflix gift cards; you can either purchase them yourself or maybe, you can get one on occasion from your friends or family.
And if you have a Netflix gift card, here’s how you can use it to get Netflix free trial without a credit card:
- When you flip your Netflix gift card, you will see a foil layer. Scratch that layer to unveil the 11-digit PIN code underneath.
- Head to the Netflix redeeming webpage by clicking here.
- You will be asked to enter the 11-digit PIN code, enter and then, the amount displayed on your gift card will be added to your Netflix account and your subscription will begin. You can sign up with your existing Netflix account as well.
How to Get Netflix 30-Day Free Trial
Let us talk about how you can get Netflix for free from its website directly. The process is quite simple so, just follow the steps given below:
- Head to the official website of Netflix or you can install its app on your device.
- Click on the ‘Try 30-day Free’ button on their website.
- Then, you will be asked to create a new account which will require an email ID and a password.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button and then, you will have to choose a plan that you prefer. You will be billed the same amount after the trial as the plan you choose in this step.
- You will be asked to enter your payment details; however, you will not be billed until the free trial ends so, don’t worry as you will have enough time to cancel anytime you like.
- Then, tap on the ‘Start Membership’ button and that’s it, enjoy streaming unlimited shows.
How to Get a Second Free Trial of Netflix?
Unfortunately, you can’t get a second trial of Netflix for free. Netflix is a huge streaming service that thoroughly recognizes every email ID used by customers from all over the world. And its policy strictly defines offering one Netflix free trial per subscriber.
So, you can’t get a second free Netflix trial with the same email address, whereas you can get a second trial if you have more than one email address.
You can use another email ID that has not been used before in Netflix and get yourself another free trial. Simply follow the sign-up process given above one more time with a different email ID.
Does the Netflix Free Trial Auto-Renew Into a Paid Subscription?
Yes, Netflix uses the auto-renewal feature that automatically bills every subscriber with the subsequent monthly cost as soon as the free trial is over.
However, unlike other streaming services, Netflix sends every user an email regarding the expiry of their account three days prior.
So, that’s an amazing thing; users get a reminder with enough time to cancel their active subscription if they don’t want to continue.
The cancellation policy of Netflix is quite easy.
- Simply head open the Netflix app on your device. Then, sign in to your account with your credentials.
- Click on your Profile icon located at the top-right corner and click on the ‘Account’ option from the menu.
- Tap on the ‘Cancel Membership‘ button that appears on the screen, and that’s it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to cancel the subscription. Remember to set a reminder to cancel your free trial if you don’t want to be billed.
How Much Does Netflix Cost After a Free Trial?
Netflix offers three different plans that have different prices. They all differ in features and limits, so let’s take a look at them:
Netflix Basic Plan: This is the lowest costing plan offered by Netflix that can be used in one device at a time only. The plan offers 480p as the highest resolution for videos and if you choose the Basic plan while opting for the free trial, Netflix will automatically upgrade you to the Standard plan. So, you’ll have to change plans when the trial ends. The plan costs $8.99/month.
Netflix Standard Plan: This plan costs $12.99/month and offers content in HD Max resolution of 1080p. You can use up to two devices with this plan.
Netflix Premium Plan: This plan is the highest costing Netflix plan prices at $15.99/month and can be used by four devices at a time. The Premium plan offers content in Ultra HD Max resolution of 4K.