Last Updated on November 1, 2021 by Mark Roberts
Roku is a media streaming player that gives you access to top-notch entertainment content. Whether you are in a mood to watch movies, TV shows, fitness content, sports, or news, Roku has everything.
You need to install channels like Hulu, Netflix, Sling TV, etc., and stream shows using these services to stream Roku content. But, before installing the channels, you need to activate your Roku player.
That’s where the need for Roku link code arises. You have to find your Roku activation code and enter it on the https://my.roku.com/link website.
Sounds tough? Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered! Below we will talk about how to get a link code for Roku TV to activate the device. Let’s get started with the activation process.
Contents on this page
- Key Features of URL Roku.Com/Link
- How to Activate Roku Using Roku.com/link and Roku Activation Code?
- How to Update the URL Roku.Com/Link Account Without Credit Card?
- Roku Activation Issues During Activation Link and Roku Not Working?
- Roku link code doesn’t work? How to fix
Key Features of URL Roku.Com/Link
Roku users get several benefits after activating their Roku TV. Some of the significant features of Roku include:
- Roku users can activate the Roku streaming device from the official Roku link website.
- Roku users can stream several Roku channels, programs, etc., including movies, TV shows, etc., on the TV.
- Roku users can choose to get a monthly subscription, quarterly subscription, semi-annual subscription, or annual subscription, as per their preference.
Now let us see how to find the Roku activation code and activate your Roku streaming device.
Step 1: Switch on your Roku streaming device after connecting it to your TV.
Step 2: Enable the internet connection by connecting your device to WiFi.
Step 3: Your Roku device will now download the software and firmware. Click on OK once the process of installation completes.
Step 4: You will now receive your Roku activation code. Write it down.
Step 5: Open a web browser on your computer and visit the https://my.roku.com/link website.
Step 6: Type the link code in the box provided.
Step 7: Log in to your Roku account or create a new Roku account.
Step 8: That’s it! Your Roku account is now activated. Enjoy streaming your favorite titles on the Roku TV screen.
How to Update the URL Roku.Com/Link Account Without Credit Card?
If you don’t have your credit card with you, you can still activate your Roku using the following steps.
Step 1: Using your computer or mobile phone, go to the https://my.roku.com/link website.
Step 2: Provide your details like First Name, Surname, E-mail, Password, etc.
Step 3: Accept the license agreement.
Step 4: Now, you will be redirected to the payment gateway. Here you need to choose your payment method and billing address.
Step 5: If you don’t have your credit card, click on Add later and proceed with the next step.
Step 6: You should now see the message stating your Roku account is created.
Roku Activation Issues During Activation Link and Roku Not Working?
Although the process of activating your Roku is relatively simple, you may sometimes face issues while activating your account. Users have reported the following issues while trying to activate Roku devices.
- Failure of account activation due to a slow internet connection.
- Television does not support the Roku device.
- Availability of virus in the computer or internet connection.
- The server is temporarily down.
Related: How to Rename your Roku Device
If your Roku link code is not working, no need to fret. You can fix this issue in a matter of a few seconds. Here is how to solve the Roku link code not working problem.
If Roku does not display the link code, it might be due to a temporary device or activation screen issue. In this case, the best thing to do is press the star (*)/ asterisk button. This will give you a new Roku code. You can then proceed with the steps given above to activate your Roku.
Your Roku device could take a few minutes to update after you activate your device. But if the screen doesn’t change, you might have missed out on some steps on the website. So, be patient and wait for some time. Check again and complete all the steps. The issue should then disappear.
If you are receiving an error message after providing the activation code, it could be due to the following reasons.
- You have not typed the correct activation code. Check it and type it again.
- Your home network connection is not working. Wait for a few minutes and try again. The issue will be fixed.
If nothing works, press the star (*) button on your Roku remote and follow the activation steps again. The problem will now be fixed.